Frutto di una ricerca giornaliera da parte del team di specialisti del CESMET, coordinati dal Responsabile Scientifico, Dott. Paolo Meo, ed effettuata su fonti ufficiali e ufficiose riguardanti notizie sanitarie, epidemie e curiosità del mondo medico provenienti da ogni parte del globo, questa sezione è una vetrina di segnalazioni fornite in modo telegrafico ma completo.
Le segnalazioni servono a fornire elementi utili per affrontare viaggi e fornire consigli di tipo preventivo.
Quando è possibile, l’alert riporta anche valutazioni e consigli a chi si deve recare nella zona interessata dal fenomeno.
Per aggiornarvi tempestivamente riportiamo gli alert più recenti da OutbreakNewsToday e dalle Nazioni Unite (Health) in prima posizione, in attesa dei relativi eventuali commenti da parte dei nostri specialisti.
- Vietnam: 3 anthrax outbreaks reported in Dien Bien provinceNewsDesk @bactiman63 The Center for Disease Control of Dien Bien province reported three outbreaks of cutaneous anthrax, including 13 cases, Tua Chua district in the month May. On average, in the period 2016-2022, the whole country recorded 7 cases/year and no… Leggi tutto »
- UK officials: ‘We saw more gonorrhea diagnoses in 2022 than ever before’NewsDesk @bactiman63 Health officials in the United Kingdom report record levels of gonorrhea and syphilis diagnoses in 2022, prompting the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) to remind the public that are having sex with new or casual partners to wear a… Leggi tutto »
- Philippines: Dr. Teodoro J. Herbosa appointed as secretary of the Department of HealthNewsDesk @bactiman63 Philippines President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. appointed Dr. Teodoro “Ted” J. Herbosa, MD as Secretary of the Department of Health (DOH) Monday. Presidential Communications Office Secretary Cheloy Velicaria-Garafil said that Herbosa “brings with him a wealth of experience and… Leggi tutto »
- Lithuania: Legionnaires’ disease outbreak in Kaunas districtNewsDesk @bactiman63 Health authorities in Lithuania report an outbreak of legionellosis, or Legionnaires’ disease in the Kaunas district. According to the latest data from officials, a total of 24 cases of legionellosis have been confirmed, including 7 deaths. The latest reported death… Leggi tutto »
- Texas reports 3 deaths in fungal meningitis outbreak linked to procedures performed in MexicoNewsDesk @bactiman63 In a follow-up on the fungal infections following surgical procedures in Matamoros, Mexico, as of June 1, 2023, the multistate outbreak of fungal meningitis is ongoing among patients who underwent procedures under epidural anesthesia at two clinics: River Side… Leggi tutto »
- South Africa reports increase in influenzaNewsDesk @bactiman63 The National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) in South Africa report a steady increase in influenza since April. The increase in case numbers has been identified in all 6 provinces where surveillance is conducted. As of 28 May 2023,… Leggi tutto »
- World Food Safety Day: ‘Nobody should die from eating food’Every day, some 1.6 million people worldwide fall ill from eating contaminated food, which kills 420,000 people each year, two UN agencies said on Tuesday. Leggi tutto »
- World must ‘work as one’ to end plastic pollution: GuterresAs international negotiators committed to hammering out a draft treaty by November on ending plastic pollution, the UN chief stressed in his message for World Environment Day on Monday, the importance of curbing the “catastrophic” consequences of waste plastics. Leggi tutto »
- US state abortion bans ‘putting millions of women and girls at risk’Millions of women and girls across the United States have suffered an alarming deterioration in access to sexual and reproductive healthcare, following the US Supreme Court decision overturning the constitutional right to abortion in June 2022, UN-appointed independent rights experts said… Leggi tutto »
- UNAIDS celebrates Pride Month, demands decriminalization worldwideAs the world comes together to celebrate the beginning of Pride Month on Thursday, the UN agency dedicated to ending the AIDS epidemic, UNAIDS, issued a declaration of solidarity with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex (LGBTQI) communities around… Leggi tutto »
- Stop tobacco farming, grow food instead, says WHOWith hunger spreading worldwide and tobacco responsible for eight million deaths each year, countries should stop subsidizing tobacco crops and help farmers grow food, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Friday. Leggi tutto »
- World must be ready to respond to next pandemic: WHO chiefAlthough COVID-19 may no longer be a global public health emergency, countries must still strengthen response to the disease and prepare for future pandemics and other threats, the Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Monday in Geneva. Leggi tutto »