Frutto di una ricerca giornaliera da parte del team di specialisti del CESMET, coordinati dal Responsabile Scientifico, Dott. Paolo Meo, ed effettuata su fonti ufficiali e ufficiose riguardanti notizie sanitarie, epidemie e curiosità del mondo medico provenienti da ogni parte del globo, questa sezione è una vetrina di segnalazioni fornite in modo telegrafico ma completo.
Le segnalazioni servono a fornire elementi utili per affrontare viaggi e fornire consigli di tipo preventivo.
Quando è possibile, l’alert riporta anche valutazioni e consigli a chi si deve recare nella zona interessata dal fenomeno.
Per aggiornarvi tempestivamente riportiamo gli alert più recenti da OutbreakNewsToday e dalle Nazioni Unite (Health) in prima posizione, in attesa dei relativi eventuali commenti da parte dei nostri specialisti.
- CDC: Gills Onions Linked to Salmonella infection Across Several StatesThe CDC reports a food safety alert after 73 salmonella illnesses across 22 states and 15 hospitalizations. A voluntarily recall for certain diced onion products from Gills Onions include some lots of diced yellow onions (3-pound bags and 8-ounce cups), diced… Leggi tutto »
- SCIENTISTS: Bananas Could Go “Extinct” Due to Fungus OutbreakScientists warn that the most popular type of banana could be on the brink of extinction due to a disease outbreak that’s ravaging the common food staple. “Nobody is even close to solving the problem,” Dan Koeppel, author of the… Leggi tutto »
- New Mexico: State Fair Petting Zoo Linked to Cryptosporidiosis OutbreakA statewide Cryptosporidiosis outbreak in New Mexico is being investigated with links to exposures at a livestock petting zoo at the New Mexico State Fair. The New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH) investigation has revealed three patients with laboratory-confirmed Cryptosporidiosis infections… Leggi tutto »
- Africa: 89 chikungunya cases reported in Pouytenga, Burkina FasoNewsDesk @bactiman63 The Health Emergency Response Operations Center (CORUS) informs that 89 cases of chikungunya have been confirmed in Pouytenga in the Center-East region of Burkina Faso by the national viral hemorrhagic fever reference laboratory (LNR/FHV) at the MURAZ center .… Leggi tutto »
- DRC: Haut-Katanga province reports 13 human rabies deaths in past yearNewsDesk @bactiman63 During a joint press conference last week, Haut-Katanga province, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) Health minister, Dr. Joseph Nsambi and Minister of Agriculture, Aerts Kayumba announced, in total, 263 cases of people bitten by dogs including 13 deaths due to… Leggi tutto »
- Vietnam reports 1st local monkeypox case in Ho Chi Minh CityNewsDesk @bactiman63 On September 26, the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Health said that a male patient diagnosed with monkeypox (Mpox) is currently being isolated and treated at the Ho Chi Minh City Tropical Diseases Hospital. This is the first domestic… Leggi tutto »
- Tackling health impacts of climate change and scaling up digital climate action in the spotlight at COP28Delegates at COP28 in Dubai on Saturday called for stronger and more resilient global health systems, which are indispensable to protecting populations from the negative impacts of climate change on health. Leggi tutto »
- World AIDS Day celebrates communities working to end the diseaseThe leadership of communities affected by HIV has been vital in driving progress to end the epidemic, UN health agency WHO said on the eve of World AIDS Day, observed annually on 1 December. Leggi tutto »
- Climate change risks upending global fight against malariaClimate change and its impacts, particularly extreme weather and heatwaves, pose a “substantial risk” to progress being made to fight malaria, the UN World Health Organization (WHO) said on Thursday. Leggi tutto »
- World News in Brief: South Sudan aid plan, rising cost of healthy eating, Europe’s diabetes burdenHumanitarians have launched a $1.8 billion plan to support six million people in South Sudan next year, the United Nations has reported. Leggi tutto »
- World News in Brief: Burkina Faso attack, ending AIDS, Syrian child casualties, new UN migration ambassadorThe UN human rights office, OHCHR, said it was appalled by the recent killing of dozens of civilians in the Sahel region of northern Burkina Faso. Leggi tutto »